- WHO ARE WE?
In this policy “Ficeda”, “we”, “ours”, “us” means Ficeda Pty Ltd ACN 003 381 235 trading as Ficeda Motorcycle Accessories, Ficeda and Ficeda Accessories. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Yamaha Motor Australia Pty. Ltd. ACN 002 556 989 (YMA) and part of YMA and its related bodies corporate (the Group).
We provide various motorcycle accessories throughout Australia and are committed to securing the privacy of your personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APP’) upon which this policy is based.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
For products and services we provide, it’s often necessary for us to collect ‘personal information’. Personal Information is any information about an individual that identifies them or by which their identity can be reasonably ascertained.
The personal information we collect will usually be your name, mailing address, contact details, email address, demographic information such as post codes, preferences and interests about our products and services and other information relevant to customer surveys, social media, product research and/or offers.
Information collected from your online activity
When you use our website, we may collect information about your location or activity including your IP address and whether you have accessed third-party sites from our website. We refer to this information as ‘Website Information’.
Personal information collected from Candidates
- your name, address, email address, telephone number and other contact information;
- personal information contained in your CV, resume, cover letter and other accompanying documents relating to your application;
- personal information obtained from interviews and reference checks (including referee checks and National Police Check); and
- personal information obtained from publicly available sources.
We collect your personal information so that we can carry out the application and recruitment process, which includes, but is not limited to, assessing your application and skills, identifying you, verifying your information, conducting reference checks (including referee checks and National Police Checks), and complying with all applicable laws and regulations.
- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information (including Website Information) so we can:
- identify you and conduct appropriate checks;
- understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
- set up, administer and manage our products and services;
- tailor your experience on our website, showing you individually tailored content;
- manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- manage complaints and disputes, and report to dispute resolution bodies;
- comply with our legal obligations;
- get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and business strategy including managing the delivery of our services and products via the ways we communicate with you; and
- provide you with marketing materials and offers.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T GIVE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you choose not to provide us with the information we have requested, we may not be able to provide you with our services or products or properly manage and administer services and products provided to you.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR INFORMATION?
During the provisions of products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to entities in the Group and they may disclose or use your personal information for the purposes we describe in ‘WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?’ in relation to products and services they may provide to you. They may also use your personal information to help provide products and services to other customers, but they’ll never disclose your personal information to another customer without your consent.
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it as well as purposes that are directly related, where you would reasonably expect us to. We may disclose your personal information to and/or collect your personal information from:
- other entities within the Group together with other related bodies corporate from time to time;
- any of our Group joint ventures where authorised or required;
- customer, product, business or strategic research and development organisations;
- data warehouse, strategic learning organisations, data partners, analytic consultants;
- social media and other virtual communities and networks where people create, share or exchange information;
- publicly available sources of information;
- clubs, associations, member loyalty or rewards programs and other industry relevant organisations;
- a third party as required by law;
- a third party that we’ve contracted to provide financial services, financial products or administrative services – for example:
- information technology providers,
- administration or business management services, consultancy firms, auditors and business management consultants,
- marketing agencies and other marketing service providers,
- claims management service providers
- print/mail/digital service providers, and
- imaging and document management services;
- accounting or finance professionals and advisers;
- government, statutory or regulatory bodies and enforcement bodies; and
- suppliers and manufacturers.
We will use a variety of methods to collect and disclose your personal information, including through written correspondence, telephone calls and electronic means. We may collect and disclose your personal information during the information life cycle, regularly, or on an ad hoc basis, depending on the purpose of collection.
- OVERSEAS DISCLOSURE
Sometimes, we need to provide your personal information to, or get personal information about you from, persons located overseas for the same purposes as in ‘WHY DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION?’.
The countries we may disclose your personal information to include:
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
From time to time, we may need to disclose your personal information to, and collect your personal information from, other countries not mentioned above. Nevertheless, we will always disclose and collect your personal information in accordance with privacy laws
- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OUR MARKETING PRACTICES
Every now and then, we and the Group might let you know (including via mail, SMS, email, telephone or online) about news, special offers, products and services that you might be interested in. We and the Group will engage in marketing unless you tell us otherwise. You can contact us to update your marketing preferences or ‘opt out’ at any time.
In order to carry out our direct marketing, we collect your personal information from and disclose it to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services (you can see the full list of persons and organisations under ‘HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?’). We may also collect your personal information for marketing through competitions and by purchasing contact lists.
We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from you or others, with the information we, or the Group or our service providers already hold about you. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance to you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information (both hard copy and electronic form) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
security of our premises;
- restricted access to personal information to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access including identifiers and passwords, firewalls, antivirus etc.;
- storage of data at our office premises and back up facility located in Australia;
- encryption of data that has been stored offsite from our premises;
- other security controls including, annual penetration testing, data transmissions over https and sftp;
- raising staff awareness through appropriate policies and training; and
- securely storing hard copy documents.
- MORE INFORMATION, ACCESS, CORRECTION OR COMPLAINTS
You can access most of the personal information we hold about you by using the contact details described in section ‘CONTACT US AND OPTING OUT’. We will need to confirm your identity before providing you access to the information requested. We will try to provide you the personal information requested within a reasonable period of your request.
It’s very important for us to have your correct details to service you better. If you become aware that the information we hold about you is not correct or if you wish to update your information, please contact us using details described in ‘CONTACT US AND OPTING OUT’. In the event inaccurate information was previously disclosed to another entity or third party, we will take reasonable steps to notify them.
We may charge an access fee to cover the cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to the person who has requested access.
Access to personal information may be refused in several circumstances, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict an individual's access, we will write to you explaining why access was refused.
If you believe that the privacy of your personal information has been compromised or would like to make a compliant, you can contact us:
By phone: 1300 437 711 By email: email@example.com
We will investigate and respond to your complaint as soon as possible. If you disagree with our decision, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting www.oaic.gov.au, calling 1300 363 992 or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing, GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001.
14. CONTACT US AND OPTING OUT
If You wish to withdraw your consent, including for things such as receiving information on products and offers by us or persons we have an association with, please contact us.
By phone: 1300 794 454
By email: email@example.com
This policy may change from time to time. Please visit our website regularly as we will let you know of any changes to this policy by a notification on our website. In addition, over the course of our relationship with you, we may tell you more about how we handle your information. This could be when you complete an application or form. We recommend you review these statements as they have more specific details for your product holding.