- WHO ARE WE?
In this policy “Ficeda”, “we”, “ours”, “us” means Ficeda Pty Ltd ACN 003 381 235 trading as Ficeda Motorcycle Accessories, FICEDA and Ficeda Accessories. We are a wholly owned subsidiary of Yamaha Motor Australia Pty. Ltd. ACN 002 556 989 and part of the Yamaha Group (the Group).
We provide various motorcycle accessories throughout Australia and are committed to securing the privacy of your personal information. We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles (‘APP’) upon which this policy is based.
- WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
For products and services we provide, it’s often necessary for us to collect ‘personal information’. Personal Information is any information about an individual that identifies them or by which their identity can be reasonably ascertained.
The personal information we collect will usually be your name, mailing address, contact details, email address, demographic information such as post codes, preferences and interests about our products and services and other information relevant to customer surveys, social media, product research and/or offers.
Information collected from your online activity
When you use our website, we may collect information about your location or activity including your IP address and whether you have accessed third-party sites from our website.
- WHY WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
We collect your personal information (including website information) so we can:
- identify you and conduct appropriate checks;
- understand your requirements and provide you with a product or service;
- set up, administer and manage our products and services;
- tailor your experience on our website, showing you individually tailored content;
- manage, train and develop our employees and representatives;
- manage complaints and disputes, and report to dispute resolution bodies;
- get a better understanding of you, your needs, your behaviours and how you interact with us, so we can engage in product and service research, development and business strategy including managing the delivery of our services and products via the ways we communicate with you; and
- provide you with marketing and offers.
- WHAT HAPPENS IF YOU DON’T GIVE US YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
If you choose not to provide us with the information we have requested, we may not be able to provide you with our services or products or properly manage and administer services and products provided to you.
- HOW DO WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
When required, we will collect personal information directly from you. This may take place in several ways, such as when a form for a product or service is completed or a product or service is requested over the telephone, internet, via social media, SMS or email
- HOW DO WE HANDLE YOUR INFORMATION?
During the provisions of products and services to you, we may disclose your personal information to entities to which we are related and they may disclose or use your personal information for the purposes we describe in ‘Why we collect personal information?’ in relation to products and services they may provide to you. They may also use your personal information to help provide products and services to other customers, but they’ll never disclose your personal information to another customer without your consent.
We will use and disclose your personal information for the purposes we collected it as well as purposes that are directly related, where you would reasonably expect us to. We may disclose your personal information to and/or collect your personal information from:
· other companies within the Group and other trading divisions or departments within the same company namely Yamaha Motor Australia Pty Ltd ACN 002 556 989, Yamaha Motor Finance Australia Pty. Ltd. ACN 101 928 670, Yamaha Motor Insurance Australia Pty. Ltd. ACN 603 882 980, Yamaha Motor New Zealand Ltd NZBN 9429040177113, Yamaha Motor Finance New Zealand Ltd. NZBN 9429036270798, Yamaha Motor Insurance New Zealand Ltd NZBN 9429045857638 and Australian Motorcycle and Marine Finance Pty Ltd ACN 603 969 875 together other related body corporates incorporated from time to time;
· any of our Group joint ventures where authorised or required;
· customer, product, business or strategic research and development organisations;
· data warehouse, strategic learning organisations, data partners, analytic consultants;
· social media and other virtual communities and networks where people create, share or exchange information;
· publicly available sources of information;
· clubs, associations, member loyalty or rewards programs and other industry relevant organisations;
· a third party that we’ve contracted to provide financial services, financial products or administrative services – for example:
o information technology providers,
o administration or business management services, consultancy firms, auditors and business management consultants,
o marketing agencies and other marketing service providers,
o claims management service providers
o print/mail/digital service providers, and
o imaging and document management services;
· accounting or finance professionals and advisers;
· government, statutory or regulatory bodies and enforcement bodies; and
· suppliers and manufacturers
We’ll use a variety of methods to collect your personal information from, and disclose your personal information to, these persons and organisations, including written forms, telephone calls and via electronic delivery. We may collect and disclose your personal information to these persons and organisations during the information life cycle, regularly, or on an ad hoc basis, depending on the purpose of collection.
- OVERSEAS DISCLOSURE
Sometimes, we need to provide your personal information to – or get personal information about you from – persons located overseas, for the same purposes as in ‘Why do we collect personal information?’
The countries we may disclose your personal information to include:
- New Zealand
- United Kingdom
From time to time, we may need to disclose your personal information to, and collect your personal information from, other countries not mentioned above. Nevertheless, we will always disclose and collect your personal information in accordance with privacy laws
- YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION AND OUR MARKETING PRACTICES
Every now and then, we and any of our related companies in the Group might let you know – including via mail, SMS, email, telephone or online – about news, special offers, products and services that you might be interested in. We will engage in marketing unless you tell us otherwise. You can contact us to update your marketing preferences or ‘opt out’ at any time.
In order to carry out our direct marketing we collect your personal information from and disclose it to others that provide us with specialised data matching, trending or analytical services, as well as general marketing services (you can see the full list of persons and organisations under ‘How we handle your personal information’). We may also collect your personal information for marketing through competitions and by purchasing contact lists.
We, and other people who provide us with services, may combine the personal information collected from you or others, with the information we, or the Group or our service providers already hold about you. We may also use online targeted marketing, data and audience matching and market segmentation to improve advertising relevance to you.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added, and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
- LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
- SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The security of your information is important to us and we take all reasonable precautions to protect personal information (both hard copy and electronic form) from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Some of the ways we protect personal information include:
- security of our premises;
- restricted access to personal information to staff who need it to perform their day to day functions;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access including identifiers and passwords, firewalls, antivirus etc.;
- storage of data at our office premises and back up facility located in Australia;
- encryption of data that has been stored offsite from the Yamaha Motor Australia Pty Ltd and Ficeda premises;
- other security controls including firewalls, antivirus on endpoints, annual penetration testing, data transmissions over https and sftp;
- raising staff awareness through appropriate policies and training; and
- maintaining physical security over hardcopy/paper records and where practical destroying information no longer required.
- MORE INFORMATION, ACCESS, CORRECTION OR COMPLAINTS
You can access most of the personal information we hold about you by using the contact details described in section ‘Contact Us and Opting Out’. We will need to confirm your identity before providing you access to the information requested. We will try to provide you the personal information requested within a reasonable period of your request.
It’s very important for us to have your correct details to service you better. If you become aware that the information we hold about you is not correct or if you wish to update your information, please contact us using details described in ‘Contact Us and Opting Out’. In the event information was previously disclosed to another entity or third party, we must also provide written notice to them confirming the correction.
Depending on the amount of information requested to be accessed, we may charge an access fee to cover the cost of retrieving the information and supplying it to the person who has requested access.
Access to personal information may be refused in several circumstances, such as where the information relates to anticipated legal proceedings or the request for access is frivolous or vexatious. If we deny or restrict an individual's access, we will write to you explaining why access was refused.
Information can be accessed, and a request to correct the personal information made, by contacting us using details described in section ‘Contact Us and Opting Out’.
If an individual believes that the privacy of their personal information has been compromised or would like to make a compliant, you can contact us on:
By phone: 1300 437 711
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will investigate and respond to your complaint as soon as possible. If you disagree with our decision, you may refer your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner by visiting www.oaic.gov.au, calling 1300 363 992 or by emailing email@example.com or in writing, GPO Box 5218 Sydney NSW 2001.
14. CONTACT US AND OPTING OUT
If You wish to withdraw your consent, including for things such as receiving information on products and offers by us or persons we have an association with, please contact us.
By phone: 1300 794 454
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
This policy may change from time to time. Please visit our website regularly as we will let you know of any changes to this policy by a notification on our website. In addition, over the course of our relationship with you, we may tell you more about how we handle your information. This could be when you complete an application or form. We recommend you review these statements too as they have more specific details for your product holding.